Monday, January 10, 2011

Even Booksellers Get Nigerian Scammers!

I got this email today. 

Subject: BOOKS
from John Coker
to robertlutz@ameritech.net
date Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 12:04 PM
subject BOOKS
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com
Gooday am interested in your books i will need the list history books you have in store and there are price  your details concernng this item before proceeding with the payment. the method of Bank Check  Email back, if it still for sale.
Regards
 
I guarantee you this is a variant of the advance fee scam or perhaps the 'oops, I sent you a check too big, could you send some of the money back?' scam. 
I'd like to play with this guy like the guys over at this site do:

but since he may know where I sell, there's a small chance of feedback manipulation or identity theft or the like. If it was at one of my anonymous Hotmail accounts I keep just for registering at websites with, then we could have some fun. 
Check 419eater out, it's great for a laugh. I probably spent two hours reading the first time I ran across it, laughing the whole time. 
Anyone want to guess which scam this guy was running?

No comments:

Post a Comment